Thursday, January 21, 2010

Books

Totally unrelated to my last post, I'm listing all the books recommended to me to read the other day... mainly because I am too lazy to write them all down, and I need to save them somewhere so I won't forget them... :)

"The Eye of the World" Robert Jordon
"Sundays at Tiffanys" James Patterson
"Searching for God Knows What" Donald Miller
here's part of my skeptical delimma... I've heard his books can be a
little iffy... but what do I know if I haven't read it for myself?
Because then again, I read someone's book (MacArthur) who is very
different from Miller, and I started getting frustrated with that
person... so what's the deal... I need to remember - these are all
PEOPLE. This isn't God's Word itself... so I have to remind myself to
not put more emphasis on it anyway.
"The Pleasures of God" John Piper - don't think I've ever doubted him before...
"Death by Love" Mark Driscoll
Fiction by George Orwell
"Shantaram" - looked it up, and not even understanding where that book is going
"How People Grow" Cloud and Townsend
"Shattered Dreams" Larry Crabb - Katie D. described this one to me, and it may be my first choice.
"Everyone Poops" :) twice!
"The Shack" read it
Anything by Lori Copeland
"Water for Elephants"
"Something Borrowed" "Something Blue" Emily Griffin
"A Million Miles in a Thousand Years" Donald Miller again
"Slaughter House 5" what?
"The Pursuit of God" A.W. Tozer
"South of Broad" "The Help" Pat Conroy
"Redeeming Love" Francine Rivers - already one of my favorites
"Satisfy My Thirsty Soul"
and... a cook book.

:)

P.S. if these blogs give you any glimpse into my head - then you've already come to realize how over-analytical I am and how I might be clinically unstable. I should definitely be giving my brain at LEAST an 8-hour break at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment