Sunday, January 24, 2010

Free

I don't have a long post for today... but what I wish I would remember day in and day out is: IT IS ABOUT GOD. NOT ME. IT IS ALL ABOUT HIM. THIS LIFE IS NOT REALLY MINE. IT IS HIS. IT WAS MEANT TO PRAISE HIM AND TO BRING HONOR TO HIM.

Can I remember that this week? Tomorrow? The rest of tonight? When I am talking with people? When I am frustrated over something that I think is so important? When I am alone? When I am having fun? When I am running? When I am driving? And on, and on, and on.

Someone I love is in a recovery program and he said that they just focus on the current day... "Can I get through TODAY without (fill in your vice)." He loves it, and apparently it is a great method to recovery.

So... maybe I can just focus on the moment, on today. Can I remember this hour, this moment that MY LIFE BELONGS TO GOD - EVERYTHING IS ABOUT HIM.

2 comments:

  1. so true...wish it were easier. and sad that it isn't easy to always live that way. miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm struggling with remembering God as I deal with "the situation" today. It's so hard!

    ReplyDelete