Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lately...

My mind seems to move at 100mph pretty regularly. It is not that I am not satisfied where I am right now... but I am always looking forward to what might be next.

Lately, on my mind constantly is missions. I have thought about it for so many years, but I have not done much about it. I don't know why. It does seem kind of daunting. Even the act of going on a week-long mission trip requires raising the money to do it. And, I have enough money issues as it is. The thought of raising support for long-term missions just seems impossible... and unappealing! It's not, of course, but I think my pride is too human to feel good about raising money. I think I would rather find a way to work for it... though that may take years!

But, that should never stop me from going. I think I'm probably mostly just scared. It is a big commitment.

Anyway - it's not like I'm going right now or any time very soon... who knows. I just think about it a lot.

But, in order to prepare myself for my next step - whether that means missions far away, or something more local - I am going to make some changes.

For one - I have had a debt building up since I moved back from Charleston - because I was in between jobs and still having a house payment (bad combination). So, my goal right now is: OPERATION DEBT ELIMINATION. It's not an insane amount, but it's way more than I'd ever like to have (which is zero).

So, I'm thinking of different ways to work toward this goal. That begins with spending less (duh). I have spent so much time and money lately on travel and fun... so NO MORE FUN! Just kidding :) But, I am going to get my priorities in line and cut down on the 'fun' money and time, and focus on using my time to earn money to pay off everything. That might mean a night/weekend part-time job, or teaching piano on the side, or finding a way to play piano at weddings and stuff like that, housesitting - whatever!

After I pay it off, then I plan on earning money so I can hopefully find a trip to Africa to take... and THEN we will see where that leads.

So here goes... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment