Saturday, November 7, 2009

End of Winter

Winter is coming to an end
I feel the ice melting on my skin
My limbs and chest once tense for so long
From Winter’s chill, trying to stay warm.
Muscles now relaxed, my head moves side to side.
Eyelashes release falling icicles.
Green eyes open slowly, their weight, once so intense, has vanished.
I can see clearly ahead.
Once, my hands were clenched so tightly
Afraid to let go, as if I might break.
I release them, slowly, they are comfortable now.
My chest is weightless, its burden cannot be found.
My lungs expand and experience fresh air, as if for the first time.
They fill to capacity, no more incomplete, empty gasps.
They exhale a fresh breath of gratefulness and hope.
Anything is possible with this new freedom of movement,
Thanks to this change of season in my soul
That awakens my body from hibernation
And warms its layers in preparation for progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment