Saturday, November 7, 2009

Strength Itself

I am so weak.
But it is when I am weak that I am strong.
It is not myself. It is You.
You are not only my strength, You are strength itself.
You are love. You are hope, truth.
You are not just an example of these things. You are all of these.

How do I fathom all You are? Where do I begin?
How is it that I believe You are all of these?
You are infinite, You are everything.

I need You. I need Your love. I need Your strength, Your truth,
Your goodness, Your grace, Your mercy, Your hope,
Your protection, Your salvation.
You supply these needs, but You are even more than this. You are all.

I need more. All the time.
I could have more, and I would need more.
And then, more.

One day, I will have all of You.
There will be no more ‘not enough.’
There will be no more questions, no more fear, no more doubt.
I will know. I will believe. I will see.
I will feel. I will be with You.
My life will be made complete in You.

Yet, this is not about me.
So rather, One day, You will be fully glorified.
Your holiness alone will exist.
The holiness You have always been will then be known fully.

My mind fails to comprehend. So I want to know more.
I need Your word. I need Your truth. I need You.

No comments:

Post a Comment