Saturday, November 7, 2009

You

You are my strength.
You give me hope. You ARE my hope.
You LET me come to You. You listen to me.
You teach me.
You are patient with me. You are kind.
You never fail me.
You love me. You show me how to love.
You GIVE.
You GIVE.
You understand.
You know… it ALL.
You GIVE.
You ARE grace.
You give grace.
You forgive me.
You are holy, set apart from any other.
You are unending. You never grow old.
You have always been here. You will forever be here.
You are strong.

I do not know what You look like. I wonder. I imagine. I imagine that my vision is nowhere near the truth of Your existence. I know what I know now. I do not even know everything I know now. I will know later.

My knowledge is pieced out. Scattered images of a God I have not seen with my eyes. Yet I love Him and talk to Him and trust Him with my life. I do not always believe, but I believe He will help me to believe.

I can ask Him absolutely anything. I believe He already knows even the darkest, most embarrassing, tattered parts of my mind, heart, soul. He already knows, but I still will tell Him. A friend to tell my most inward secrets. A friend to share my every thought with. Every thought I hide even from myself at times. A friend, Who no matter what comes out of me, He still loves me, with the same love He loved me with before. Unfailing love, not dependent on right and wrong, good and bad, hard and easy. Love that is always in existence. With nothing I can do to change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment