Saturday, November 7, 2009

More

"More"

Ripening.

I see, feel, detect it in the course of my thoughts.

It comes not out of ease, but of ordeal; yet, at times it is agreeable to me.

What a revolution of the heart; but still, there is more.

When do I go from endlessly requesting of You to simply seeking You?

When will Your eminence be desired, rather than my desire to be satisfied?

When will I offer the consistency You deserve?

This I long for, but have not achieved.

You ARE sculpting me. I now know your presence more than before.

But still, there is more.

Haven’t I come so far, yet only begun?

At the same time recognizing more of Your love and less of my understanding.

I cannot grasp the measure of Your time. Your work is steady and endless.

I cannot comprehend the magnitude of Your thorough, abiding care.

Forgive me when my belief falls short of everything You are.

Weakness swells as my interest fades, but Your attention never fails.

.Oh, for You to receive Your worth of gratitude!

Grant Your strength, to create in me an endless longing for more.

With a continuous flood of sincere thanks for who You are.

No comments:

Post a Comment